Job Hiring Philippines
Apply Now Online
Career Job Hiring Philippines – 2023 Updates
About the job
The Software Engineer is responsible for the development, maintenance, documentation, and deployment of applications based on the specification assigned to the incumbent following the company’s Systems Development Methodology (SDM), Guidelines and Standards. He/She must be able to develop and deploy new application systems, at the same time ensure maintenance of existing systems running in production.
Conduct analysis and prepare system and infrastructure design for approval of Architecture team
• Develop and document design or technical specifications based on approved systems design
• Perform technical lead role and responsible for the technology workstream deliverables
• Code, conduct unit tests and debug programs based on supplied program specifications and requirements traceability matrix
• Perform investigation on production problems, implement resolution and devise ways to prevent recurrence of the problem.
• Liaise with a team of architects, business analysts and business subject matter or functional experts to ensure full understanding of requirements or production incident reported and solutions implemented adhere to established design principles and standards
• Prepare unit test plan and script, perform unit testing and document outcome of testing based on expected test results.
• Perform data correction activities for cases of system malfunctions or manual errors based on supplied specifications
• Perform quality control or peer review of completed programs or designs
• Provide periodic status updates on assigned deliverables for the project or resolution of production incidents
• Prepare program and system-related or production incident documentation as required
• Keep current on HW/SW development involving both theory and techniques
• Adheres to agreed performance metrics for development and production support activities including agreed SLAs
• Ensures that all compliance matters are identified and openly and honestly reported to the Line Manager and/or Compliance Officer in accordance with the reporting requirements operated within the work unit and the Company
Must have a bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Management or other relevant courses
At least 7 years of programming, software development or software maintenance support experience
Technical job competencies including expertise in the following:
Systems analysis and evaluation – To perform proof of concept for new technology stack or solutions to be included in the current ecosystem or platform
Systems knowledge – Understand the various systems in the ecosystems and platform for new technologies
Systems knowledge / Tool familiarity – To utilize applicable tools to develop new features or functions, perform automated testing and deployment on latest technology stack (i.e., low code development, robotic process automation)
Programming – To be able to create high-level and low level designs aligned with reference architectures (i.e., mobile app architecture & design)
Testing – To perform code debugging, execute unit testing, system testing, integration testing
Production Support – Identify root causes of systems incidents and/or issues using new technology stack by conducting triage, investigation resolution of production issues
Cloud Computing – Design new applications or mobile apps following Reference Cloud Architecture
Technical knowledge in current technology stack:
Operational Data Store
IBM Business Process Management
IBM Filenet Enterprise Content Management
Server Administration and Management
Technical knowledge in emerging technology stack:
Mobile app development
Robotic Process Automation
Behavioral job competencies (i.e. detail orientation, strategic thinking, stakeholder management, problem solving, communication, and innovation)
How to apply? Application procedure as follows:
#1 Prepare and ready your resume/CV. You can try online resume builder from the internet.
#2 Visit the career site or web page of the company and look for the available jobs posted.
#3 Submit resume and apply online via the HR department / company’s email for application purposes.
#4 Wait for the company’s response and follow up as necessary.
#5 Visit Philippine Careers website every day for more job postings from other companies.