Job Hiring Philippines
Apply Now Online
Career Job Hiring Philippines – 2023 Updates
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as the representative of the Sea Solutions business unit, the Vessel Operations Manager provides local knowledge and expertise in vessel operations and ensures that the business unit’s requirements on vessel productivity and turnaround are performed with utmost efficiency in meeting or exceeding the goals and objectives of the organization.
- The Vessel Operations Manager is expected to be fully conversant with all the appropriate rules & regulations as well as requirements relating to the port, area, or sector in which the business unit operates, to have a wide range of relevant network and be sufficiently well-established and founded to be able to provide the level of service and support the business unit needs to achieve its targets.
- Organizes, oversees, and coordinates all vessel requirements ahead of vessel arrivals for proper berthing allocations and terminal services, including but not limited to vessel stowage planning, terminal operator resources, tugs/pilots, extra services, onboard and yard tractors availability, chassis availability, statutory authorities and the like.
- Ensures that safety, commercial, and statutory requirements and regulations applicable to the port are complied with by the vessels, vessel crew, vessel operations team, and equipment to be used to avoid any operational caused by failure to do such. Establishes wide-ranging contacts within the port operators, regulators, and other service providers to ensure that actions on any vessel operations concerns are immediately taken and correct and proper information are provided.
- Ensures that vessel productivity targets are met through enough allocation of resources from the terminal operators, as well as internal resources (tractors and chassis).
- Attends to vessel operations at the port before vessel arrivals and after vessel departures. In case attendance is not possible due to other urgent work matters, ensures that the vessel operations supervisors are present during the said periods as the official representatives of the Vessel Operations Manager.
- Attends to unscheduled occurrences arising from emergencies such as technical issues on vessels, pollution incidents, or statutory authorities concerns.
- Sets guidelines and policies on vessel operations improvements and initiatives such as regular toolbox meetings with vessel crew and vessel operations personnel.
- Meets regularly with the vessel operations personnel and other department leaders on any concerns affecting vessel operations.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues & concerns in land operations and collaborate with the vessel operations team, stevedores and terminal operator to resolve said issues/concerns with urgency.
- Models the way to achieve efficient processes and continuous operational improvements by ensuring that all policies and procedures are properly documented and regularly reviewed.
- Performs other duties as may be required by the immediate superior from time to time.
Bachelor’s Degree Graduate of any four year course preferably in Business such as Management or any related course
3 to 5 years work experience
Skills and Competencies Requirements
Vessel class and type
Vessel Capacity and Planning
Vessel Maximization (Cargo Mix)
Relationship with 3rd Party (e.g. Port Operator and Government Agencies
How to apply? Application procedure as follows:
#1 Prepare and ready your resume/CV. You can try online resume builder from the internet.
#2 Visit the career site or web page of the company and look for the available jobs posted.
#3 Submit resume and apply online via the HR department / company’s email for application purposes.
#4 Wait for the company’s response and follow up as necessary.
#5 Visit Philippine Careers website every day for more job postings from other companies.